the Best of Cayman Islands
based on personal reviews
by visitors and frequent flyers
Hello! My name is Val Kegel and I feel very fortunate - I absolutely love my job, and I absolutely love the Cayman Islands! As a flight attendant for a major airline for 44 years, I have spent the last ten years flying to and from Grand Cayman several times a week. During my flights I find out first hand the best of the best of Cayman. During my flights I have asked thousands of passengers five questions:
- Where did you stay on the island?
- What businesses gave you the best service?
- What was your best restaurant experience?
- What was your favorite activity?
- What was your best Cayman shopping experience?
Passengers give such good and frank advice; I summarized their comments in a Fun Fact Sheet which reflects the best of Cayman. I hand this out to all my passengers traveling to Cayman. One thing about passengers, they will tell you what is hot and what is not! The popularity of the Fun Fact Sheet led to this web site, which offers so much more. So enjoy and I hope you fall in love with the Cayman Islands too!
Passenger Picks - Best of Cayman
Val Kegel, flight attendant & creator of passengerpicks, was awarded by the Cayman Islands Tourism Association as an Honorary Ambassador. More
The following restaurants and business's want to say Thank You with a 10% discount! Just show them your Passenger Pick Fun Fact Sheet and they will take 10% off your bill. Note: Not applicable with existing restaurant specials or Sunday brunches.
- Restaurants: Agua, Casa 43, Catch, Chicken Chicken, Cimboco, Edoardos, Guy Harvey's, Karoo, Le Vele, Lobster Pot, Lola, Luca, Pappagallo, Rackams, Ragazzi, Southbeach Bar and Grill, Vivo.
- Spirits Discounted: Premier Wines & Spirits (not beer), Cayman Spirits Company (Seven Fathoms Rum) Factory including tours of distillery
- Stingray City Excursions: Action Sports( Jet Ski), Captin Marvin's, Cayman in a Nut Shell, Stingray Starfish & Caves Tour, Tours Cayman
- Fishing Charters: Real Esea, Captain Marvins
- Dive Operators: Dive Tech, Fosters, Eden Rock, Cayman Marine Lab
- Rental Cars: Ace will give 10% off on all rental cars, Budget Rent A Car will give 10% off new reservations
- Boat Rentals: Moore Marine (Cayman Islands Boat Rentals)
- Stores: Bedside Manor, Island Jewelers, De Sunglass Man, Churchill's Cigars, Pandora Store, Swarovski Boutique
- Pirate Ship Cruise: Jolly Roger
- Outpost Bar at Pedro! Serving food, beverages and local rum tasting tours from 8:30am - 3:00pm every Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and Sat! And home to the new SEA SESSIONS happy hour at Pedro St. James Castle every FRIDAY from 5-7pm! Happy Hour prices are 2 for 1 on their already low prices: Beer $5, Mixed Drinks $6, Wine $7. 943-4RUM
- Agua Brunch from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. $35 for food, $49 including unlimited bubbles, plus gratuities. Tel: 949-2482.
- Luca Sunday Brunch, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. All-you-can-eat buffet including bottomless prosecco and orange juice; $60 per person plus gratuities.
- Edoardo's Restaurant at Coconut Place "Wednesday Night - Steak night!" Choose from a delicious selection of different cuts of meat to tantalize your taste buds!
Each entrée comes with a complimentary glass of red wine from famed Italian winery MASI! Price range from $31.95 to $36.95.
"Thursday Night - Caribbean night!" Sample some of the more popular dishes selected from around the region throughout the Caribbean! With fantastic drink specials to pair! A great night to get immersed in the local culture and really feel the island warmth and hospitality! Appetizers from $12.95 to $14.50 Entrées from $25.95 to $36.95
- Eagle Rays Diver's Night Buffet every Tuesday from 6pm, great food, awesome service and a good time to meet the crew & enjoy the view. $20 us plus Grats (all prices are in US Dollars at Eagle Rays). Just installed 3 TV's for all the sports fans, and are streaming a live feed from the underwater reef cam on one of them. Very cool.
- Casanova's Lunch specials available Monday through Friday. They post them every day on their Facebook page...Casanova Cayman Island. They have a daily catch, soup, risotto, as well as their $10 Express Lunch. Tony and the boys are here to welcome you with all of your favorites in Italian Cuisine.
- Macabuca Spicey Sundays $7 Jerk Chicken Special All day. Happy Hour 5pm-7pm
- Deckers All You Can Eat Lobster Specials" Every Tuesday and Saturday 49 CI.
- Guy Harvey Everyday $9.99 fabulous everyday specials. Also enjoy their fabulous Flavors of Cayman Brunch every Sunday. A great choice for lunch while shopping in George Town. Every Saturday & Sunday buy one entree for full price and get the same entree for $1.00!
- CimbocoEnjoy some huge savings order a great breakfast weekdays $5 for 5 items. Bring the whole family. A must breakfast experience.
- Coconut Joe's Offers a $5.99 breakfast special: 2 eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast. New breakfast items: Stuffed french toast - ham/cheese-blueberry/ Crab cakes eggs beni and Egg mcmuffins.
- Tukka Sunday is Brunch Day @ Tukka! Delicious spread of salads, sushi, carving station, breakfast, Aussie BBQ, desserts & heaps more. All U can drink Bubbles $19.50. Wednesday Walkabout: enjoy an awesome 4 course multi-choice themed dinner with culinary delights from around the globe for $42, also comes with a free glass of house wine or beer of your choice. (345) 947-2700.
- Cayman Creperie 2 for 1 Smoothies Monday thru Friday 3-5pm. 2 for 1 Crepes on Friday 5-10pm. Free Yoga with the purchase of the Georgetown Sunday Vegetarian Brunch.
- Lucky Slice 2 for 1 12" made from scratch pizza Monday’s 5-10pm. 20" Pepperoni special Tuesday’s only $19.99 (reg. price $26.99). Size matters! 20" Vegan Wednesday’s $19.99 (reg. price $26.99). Gluten Free Thursday!
- Tukka is celebrating their 7th year anniversary.
- Agua is celebrating their 8th year anniversary.
- Copper Falls is celebrating their 12th year anniversary.
- Ginos Pizzeria is celebrating their 12th year aniversary.
- Cimboco is celebrating their 16th year anniversary.
- Red Sail is celebrating their 30th year anniverary.
- Tortuga Rum is celebrating their 33rd year anniversary.
- Captain Marvin's is celebrating their 100th year anniversary.